What to expect from Rachel J Homes Ltd
Our aims and commitment to you at each important stage of your house move:
An honest, market driven appraisal of your home supported by the latest comparable properties in your area.
A property brochure will be prepared combining details and photos of the property to be marketed.
Draft particulars will be sent to you for approval/amendments as necessary
Identification documentation will be requested from you to comply with the OFC anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing policy. This can be either, a government issued document with full name, photo, address and date of birth ie. Valid passport, valid photo driving licence, national identity card, or, a government issued document without a photo supported by secondary evidence, ie. Old style driving licence, recent evidence of entitlement to state/local authority benefit, supported by, utility bill, bank/building society/credit union statement, most recent mortgage statement from recognised lender
EPC certificate will be instructed (either by a representative from Rachel J Homes or by you the vendor) Property details signed off by you in order to fully market the property.
- Regular weekly local newspaper advertising
- Online portals that include Rightmove, Zoopla, On the Market, Prime Location, Homes 24, plus many more
- Striking For Sale board
- Eye catching window display
- Matching properties with registered buyers
- Accompanied viewings at all times (unless agreed with you the vendor)
- Regular, honest feedback following viewings
Offers and Negotiation
- Conveying offers at the earliest practicable time
- Ensuring that prospective buyers have been qualified financially by an Independent but associated mortgage consultant to Rachel J Homes Ltd.
- Background information regarding situation, financial status, timescales and any other relevant information as necessary particularly if there is more than one interested party
- At all times work on behalf of you in reaching a mutually agreeable price
- Keeping you informed at every stage as necessary
- Monitor progress of the chain involved and give regular updates
- Provide an independent mortgage, solicitor and removal referral
- Liaise between all parties to ensure a swift and smooth Exchange and Completion
An EPC is a legal requirement when selling your home!
What you can expect –
- An energy assessment of your home will involve an internal and external inspection of the property.
- An EPC can only be undertaken by a fully accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) or Home Inspector.
- Gary whom we recommend is a fully accredited DEA (As part of a DEA's accreditation, a check on their Criminal Record is made with the Criminal Records Bureau).
- It is advisable to ask your DEA to bring along proof of accreditation for your own peace of mind.
- The domestic EPC is valid for up to 10 years, it would be in your interest to have your certificate updated if you have completed any works likely to improve their rating.
- It will make the process quicker and more accurate if you have to hand any paperwork confirming when works were carried out on your property such as new windows, extensions built etc- the more recently these were carried out the better the energy rating for the property is likely to be.
Your DEA will need to inspect the following property details:
- The year of property construction
- Walls and roof construction
- Signs of wall-cavity insulation
- Energy-saving "green" devices (such as solar panels, for instance)
- Number of double glazed windows and when installed
- Number of open or closed fireplaces
- Make and model of boiler and the type of flue and fuel used
- Number of low energy light-bulbs
- Type of heating system used and controls (wall thermostat etc...)
- Roof insulation and thickness.
- Measure the thickness of the hot water cylinder jacket or foam.
- Check for excessive window area in larger houses and take measurements of conservatories and extensions.
- Note the number of habitable rooms that are heated.
- Measure the internal or external areas of the home.
- Sketch and make notes relating to home and room layout
Contact us to arrange a free market appraisal